Compliance Officer / MLRO @metalpaysme
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet), Metal X (a global digital currency exchange), and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
- Hold the post of MLRO and perform STR/SAR filing and various other regulatory reporting; and develop a working relationship with BoL that is as practical as possible
- Responsible for creating maintaining and updating all compliance policies and manuals as required by law, and local regulatory requirements
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents, and ensure that the company has effective systems, procedures and controls for AML and KYC compliance to service Lithuanian regulatory and license requirements, and that of BoL
- Be aware of Payment Services Directive (PSD2), other relevant EU level legislation and their transposition into Lithuanian legislation
- Join the Global Compliance Team in transaction monitoring and other day to day operations
- Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies of the Lithuanian entity, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the regulators or law enforcement bodies
- Act as a central point of contact for all information on e-money license application / compliance-related issues (e.g. breach of regulation, non-respect of procedures, conflict of interest)
- Help determine the evolving risks and maintain a dynamic Risk assessment document together with the Head of Regulatory Compliance
- Escalate compliance risks and issues to management
- Work cross-functionally in resolving individual compliance issues, questions, or investigations, with a goal of assessing causes, developing corrective actions and ensuring future discipline
- Build relationships and escalation processes to stay informed of strategic or product/service initiatives, making sure to communicate AML risk-related considerations to Head of Regulatory Compliance in a timely manner
- Ensure Management and the Board are kept informed of money laundering risks posed by business activities, and how these are managed and mitigated
- Lithuanian Resident
- University degree, Masters or LLB ideally
- Strong knowledge of European AML legislation, virtual currency regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation applicable in Lithuania
- Minimum 3 years of experience in compliance in EU, from crypto, fintech, or financial industry
- Experience working with Lithuanian regulator
- Applying for and operating with a E-Money License or similar
- Understanding of local and EU level regulations, KYC and AML practices
- Able to deal effectively with complex issues, and manage conflicts
- Ability to work independently and to lead/be a part of the team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and strong accuracy when working with documents / analyzing individual cases
- Relationship building & networking / influencing skills
- Proactive, takes initiative, solution-oriented
- High level of English and Lithuanian language fluency
- Demonstrated ability and confidence to challenge business management, escalate issues, and press for change
- Additional professional compliance, or financial qualification, and membership of a recognized professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
Your application has been successfully submitted.